LOVE this tender and juicy chicken parmesan. A quick and easy weeknight meal that your whole family will love.
This Chicken Parmesan is tender, juicy, and breaded in a mixture of parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs. Pan fried until golden brown and topped with mozzarella cheese, marinara, and basil.
A delicious tender and juicy Chicken Parmesan that your whole family will love!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup all purpose flower
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup marinara
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- basil for serving optional
- seasonings (garlic powder, salt, pepper) optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Cut chicken in half horizontally. Pound each piece until ½ inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add flour to a shallow dish. Add egg to a shallow bowl and whisk, set aside. Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to a shallow bowl and mix to combine.
Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg, and Parmesan breadcrumbs.
Add oil to a large skillet.
Add chicken two at a time to the skillet. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden grown.
Place chicken in a pan or sheet tray and top with mozzarella cheese.
Cook for ten minutes or until cooked all the way through. Top with heated marinara and a sprinkle of basil for serving, if desired. Serve immediately.
1. Use Italian breadcrumbs or add seasonings to your breadcrumbs if you desire.
2. Pounding the chicken to a ½ inch thickness, cuts down on cook time and keeps the chicken extra juicy and moist.
3. The best way to bread the chicken is to keep one hand for wet ingredients and one hand for dry. This helps from getting the dreaded breading hands.
Explore More Easy and Delicious Recipes: