This will be your new go to easy beef enchilada recipe. It was sooooo EASY and was a big hit! It is a perfect weeknight dinner that will feed the whole family.
Easy Beef Enchiladas
The easiest weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans Old El Paso red enchilada sauce 10 oz
- 1 can Old El Paso chopped green chiles 4 oz
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar and mozz. cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in ½ cup of the enchilada sauce, the chiles, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.
Spread ½ cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish. Spread ¼ cup beef mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving; add Make it FRESH toppings.
- Add toppings such as sour cream, salsa, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, or green onion.
- You may use flour tortillas if desired, although they may turn out to be mushy.
- Try green enchilada sauce for a twist.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you love this recipe just as much as my family did.
Explore More Posts: