Hey ladies, did one of your friends just find out they are expecting? And are you wanting to help throw her a memorable baby shower? I am here to help you! Below you will find all the major baby shower necessities in order to plan a girl baby shower. All the way from games, to food, to decorations, to guest book ideas!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking on how to plan a boy baby shower, look here.
How To Plan A Girl Baby Shower
A great addition when sending out invites is to add notes to bring additional items for the baby and mom to be.
A great way to make sure mom and dad have plenty of diapers for the months to come.
Bring a book instead of a card so the guests words can be cherished over and over. Some darling book options include: The Wonderful Things You Will Be, On The Night You Were Born, and If Animals Kissed Good Night.
When you first walk into the baby shower have a table set up with a guest book. This allows the parents to be and the little one to have such a wonderful keepsake that they are able to look back on years from now. Below, you will find a couple different guest book options.
This darling elephant guest book can be personalized for 25, 30, or 40 hearts for each guest to sign. Add a frame and this will be a perfect addition to the nursery! You can find this guest book print here.
I think this one has to be my favorite guest book idea. This allows the mother to be to cherish such a beautiful memory and photo. You can find a white frame here.
Ask the friends and family to sign their name or write a lovely message for the baby and mom to be. A perfect addition to the nursery and a keepsake for years and years to come. You can find this guest book here.
You can find additional unique guest book ideas here.
Side activities are activities that can be done on the guests own time. They are great ways to create additional keepsakes or even raise a little money for the mom to be.
The mom to be will adore these silly and sweet messages during those late night feedings and diaper changes. Use these non bleeding fabric markers.
This is for the guests that want to participate. Have them place their bets on when the baby will arrive. It can be a $1 or $2 to play or even $5. You can have the entire pot go to the person who is the closest, you can split the pot 50-50 with the person who wins and the mom to be, or split the pot however you would like.
Write a note for the baby, to be opened when she turns 18. Have the guests write predictions, wishes, advice, or memories.
When the guests arrive, have them grab a onesie to decorate for the baby. Have them use these non bleeding fabric markers.
Have the guests decorate a headband for that precious baby girl! You can find a headband decorating kit here.
Crap happens-guess that poopy.
- Buy a few different types of candy bars.
- Write down all the names of the different candy bars and number them.
- Place the candy bars into separate bowls and microwave them for 30-45 seconds or however long it takes for them to become mushy.
- Scrape each candy bar into their own separate diaper and smoosh it a little.
- Write the coordinating candy bar number on the outside of the diaper so you can keep track of what diaper had what candy bar in it.
- Pass the diapers around among the guests. They can smell, touch, or taste the “poop” to guess what candy bar is in the diaper.
- The guest with the most correct answers, wins!
Baby or Beer Belly?
- Look up pregnant and beer belly’s on google. Crop them to your liking and create baby or beer belly handouts.
- Give these handouts to the guests at the shower and whoever gets the most correct answers, wins!
- Here are sample handouts for you to refer to.
- Break up guests into teams.
- Use regular jeopardy rules, where answers must be given as questions. If you do not have a buzzer, just have guests raise their hand.
- The team with the most points at the end of the game, wins!
- Create your board to your liking. Here is a nursery rhyme themed jeopardy.
You can find additional baby shower games here.
Instead of giving away, the usual, candles or lotions for game prizes give away gift cards instead!
Main Course Options
How would you plan for the perfect baby shower? I would love to hear from you in the comments!
Make sure to follow me on Instagram, as I will be doing monthly giveaways!
Explore More Posts: